To be published in The Westerly Sun on Friday, June 27, 2014

Weekapaug Chapel Opens for the 108th Summer Season

Weekapaug Chapel President Melinda Walsh and the Officers and Trustees of the Chapel Society welcome everyone as the Weekapaug Chapel begins its 108th summer on Sunday, June 29, 2014. The Weekapaug Chapel was founded on August 4, 1906 to erect and maintain a Chapel at Weekapaug for worship during the summer months without any denominational distinction. The present building at 105 Noyes Neck Rd. was completed and dedicated in 1917. The Chapel has been maintained and improved with gifts of musical instruments, furnishings and electric heat. The services are held weekly at 10 AM and conducted by visiting ministers representing various denominations. All are welcome to attend services at the Chapel.

Sunday, June 29th we will celebrate the traditional Yacht Club Sunday with the Rev. Julia Fuller of Ashaway, RI leading worship. Following the service, members of the Weekapaug Yacht Club staff and Rev. Fuller will lead the way to the Weekapaug Yacht Club for the Blessing of the Fleet. Boat owners are encouraged to decorate their boats to celebrate the occasion.

The music for Chapel services is provided by Gery Elliott at the organ and the Chapel Choir singing at services in July and August. The Choir will begin singing next Sunday July 6th and those wishing to join the Choir are asked to come at 9 AM for a rehearsal before the start of the service.

The guest minister for the service next Sunday, July 6th will be the Rev. Joan Withers Priest of Lyme, CT. Sunday School will also begin next week under the leadership of Trustee Caroline Maynard. Area children are invited to gather in the Memorial Garden at the rear of the Chapel for a special time just for them.

 

 
To access the full content of the site you will need to be registered and logged-in.



February 2018 March 2018
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28